This International Standard provides guidance for planning, designing, developing, implementing maintaining and improving customer satisfaction codes of conduct. This International Standard is applicable to product related codes containing promises made to customers by an organization concerning its behavior that are aimed at enhanced customer satisfaction. For examples, see Annex A. This International Standard is intended for use by organizations regardless of type, size and product provided, including organizations that design customer satisfaction codes of conduct for use by other organizations. Annex C gives specific guidance for small businesses. This International Standard does not prescribe the substantive content of customer satisfaction codes of conduct. It also does not address other types of codes of conduct, such as those that relate to the interaction between an organization and its personnel or between an organization and its suppliers. This International Standard is not intended for certification or for contractual purposes and it is not intended to change any rights or obligations provided by applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.
NOTE 1: While this International Standard is not intended for contractual purposes, customer satisfaction codes of conduct promises may be included in an organization’s contracts.
NOTE 2: This International Standard is aimed at customer satisfaction codes of conduct concerning individual customers purchasing or using goods, property or services for personal or household purposes, although it is applicable to all customer satisfaction codes of conduct.
- Transparent System-You can post your process so your clients see that you have an open, effective and easy-to-use complaints process.
- Customer Confidence-A standardized commitment to complaint resolution shows them that any complaints will be addresses.
- Improved Efficiency-Continuous improvement allows root cause analysis to improve organization’s operations.
- Better Relationship- System helps to adopt a customer-focused approach to handle, analyze and review complaints
- Auditable System- Complaint management system is auditable to check that the requirements are being followed.